Open Source (C#), full text search engine. Answers "where is the file? I need it now!"
Must-have for software developers.
- Download and install Indexer-2.3.5816.17660-setup.exe(~2.8 MB).
- Source code is available for download in Indexer-2.3.5816.17660-src.zip(~15.6 MB).
- since version 2.3.5816.17660:
- Fixed: context menu operation "Open With" did not work on Windows 7 and later
- Fixed: some xml files were not parsed with correct encoding
- Fixed: texts with accented characters were not preserved correctly in the text search history combobox
- New: menu command "Remove Seed"
- since version 2.2.3661.27803:
- Fixed: plain text documents starting with accented characters were treated as binary.
- since version 2.2.3628.20329:
- Fixed: saving large index (over 2GB of unpacked bytes) failed with Int32 overflow.
- Easy to use user interface:
- Comma separated file masks (use * wildcard as usual). Empty file mask matches all files.
- Text phrase (optional).
- Toggle exact phrase/substring.
- Toggle case-sensitivity.
- "Search" button.
- Boolean operator to be applied to current search result-set.
- Clear boolean operator.
- Access search history.
- No background processor utilization. Search when You choose in folders You choose.
- Create index once, search it multiple times.
- Show hits as syntax-highlighted HTML reports.
- Search for files using multiple file masks.
- Search inside all plain text documents (file extension does not matter), e.g. source code files.
- Integrated "Compare" command (redirected to file comparison provider).
- Search inside common document types (Portable Document Format (*.pdf), MS Word (*.doc, *.rtf), MS Excel (*.xls), MS PowerPoint (*.ppt), Web documents (*.htm, *.html)).
- Create index of one of more *.zip files, unpack them on-the-fly.
Such a zip-files-only index can be created using menu multiple "Index"->"Add File Archive..." commands.
Known weak points
- No stemming.
- Indexing data files (files with lots of numbers etc.) takes too long.
- Limited support for boolean queries (and, or, ...)
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...)
- Install WinMerge file comparison provider (http://winmerge.org/downloads/)
- Apache Lucene.Net (http://incubator.apache.org/lucene.net).
- ICSharpCode.net ZipLibrary (http://sharpdevelop.net/OpenSource/SharpZipLib).
- Colorer Library syntax coloring/regexp codes by Igor Russkih, Cail Lomecb (http://colorer.sourceforge.net).
- "Using IFilter in C#" (http://www.codeproject.com/KB/cs/IFilter.aspx).